7.02.2012

Incoherent Ramblings...

I figure I needed to take a break from being such a bookworm and write an actual post.  You know, one where I don't bore y'all by advertising how much of a nerd I am.  The only problem is: I don't know what to write about!

There are a bunch of random things running through my mind right now, but nothing that would make a coherent post.  For the looooooong time while Matt and I were apart, I would send him e-mails like this when I had too much to say but no real train of thought.  So, enjoy a mish-mash of random thoughts crammed into one post!

  • MATT IS HOME!  And it is about time too!  I was going absolutely bonkers waiting for the days to tick down until I was able to see him again.  Last Tuesday, I drove to Harrisburg to pick him up and to do some shopping at the Capital City mall until his flight arrived.  As I was driving through the ghetto of Harrisburg to find the mall, I got a text from Matt saying the flight was delayed 2 hours.  I then received another text about an hour and a half later saying the same flight was delayed yet another hour and wouldn't be in until 1030-ish that night.  At that point, I was sitting in baggage claim watching flight after flight arrive and keeping my nose buried in my book.  But, the next thing I knew, Matt was walking toward me (with what seemed like a halo of light surrounding him) and we were back together!  YAY!  Now we only have 39 days until the wedding and are enjoying spending as much time as we can with each other to make up for lost time.
  • I had a great time at my bridal shower and couldn't be more grateful for all who came and made my day special!  I've been slacking on writing my Thank You cards, but I promise anyone who came or gave Matt and I a gift will be receiving one shortly!
  • All wedding RSVPs have been received and we started putting together the seating chart.  It has been a fun process thus far, even though we have a few random people/groups that we just can't figure out where to put them.  The next step is to work on the menu and get our marriage license, and we were able to go to PNC this afternoon to set up our joint bank account.  Whew!  So much to do yet!
  • I don't eat healthy foods and I certainly don't exercise, but recently I've found my clothes to practically be falling off of me.  These are clothes that originally (at the beginning of my senior year of college) were painfully tight and unflattering.  Now, I struggle to keep pants up with a belt and shirts look like they were stretched out by a sumo wrestler.  I don't understand!  A lot of people ask if I'm on a diet/exercise plan for the wedding, but I tell them I'm not and then dig into my plate of french fries, chicken quesadillas, and mozzarella sticks! 
  • Matt and I will be going home to spend the 4th of July with my family on Wednesday.  I think we will be going to a family picnic at my great uncle's cabin and then coming back to my parent's house to grill and set off some small fireworks before we head to a big fireworks show that night.  It should be fun.
  • Never sign up for an Old Navy VISA credit card.  I was a naive senior in high school (or maybe college freshman? I don't remember...) when I signed up for the dreaded thing and have regretted it ever since.  I am not responsible with money (which is why I am so grateful that Matt is!), so I let my spending on that card get a bit out of control.  Tack onto that an unexpected $50/month security fee that I was never properly informed of, and I found myself to be in trouble.  I've been making regular payments to pay it off, but noticed during my most recent payment, I was charged another $52 fee for interest.  When I called they company, the woman explained that even though the card was closed, they still charge a monthly interest fee unless I pay off the COMPLETE balance (which I certainly cannot do right now!)What a joke!  I probably sound like a moron, but when I told Matt, he was understanding and very supportive - what a guy!
  • I have also been trying to figure out what to wear to our temple sealing in December.  I obviously cannot afford ANOTHER wedding dress after having NO luck finding a modest, temple-approved wedding dress while shopping for a dress for an August wedding in central PA.  Even though we will be sealed in December, I really would like to find a poofy-ish, tea-length dress for the occasion.  I've been looking on Latter-DayBride.com at the temple dresses (many of which I like!), but the wedding dress to wear outside of the temple is what is frustrating me.  Surprisingly enough, I've found a few that could work, but they are considered  "Bridesmaids" dresses.  But they could become poofy-ish if I found the right underskirt (or whatever those thing are called...)... Hmmm...