6.12.2012

If You Have Nothing Better To Do...

The weather today is gray and rainy (similar to my mood), so I felt the need to spend my downtime filling out another pointless survey that will probably have you guys wanting to throw a book at my head.  I feel as if I am reverting back to my old MySpace days...

Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
Hmm… I’m going to take the easy way out and say I am an appropriate mixture of both.
 
What makes someone a best friend?
 I have to feel comfortable with the person and be able to trust them completely.
Not having feelings of judgment or being judged is important as well.
It helps to have common beliefs and interests, but not always necessary.
Unconditional support is essential.

What Christmas present do you remember the most?
 I'm starting to forget what I even got at last year's Christmas!
I guess we will go with my Tim Tebow jersey or Tim Tebow FatHead...

Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life.
Click above to learn more about it.
I honestly cannot put into a concise amount of words how true the BoM is or how it has changed my life... I would be typing for days!

Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one you dislike.
Like - teeth
Dislike - definitely da boobs...

Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with?
 There are a select few, maybe two or three?  
All of the others, I hate to say it but... I can do without.

What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
 Obviously both are uber important in a romantic relationship!
But for simple friendship, I'd say an emotional connection.

Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
 Nothing is coming to me off the top of my head, but most Will Ferrel movies are awful.
(ex: Semi-Pro, Anchorman, Talladega Nights)
They have some classic quotes, but are horrible movies.

What holiday do you most look forward to?
 A given is always Christmas, but Halloween is just spectacular, in my opinion.

How is the relationship between you and your parents?
 I think I answered this same question or a similar one a few posts ago...

You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
 I almost always have TLC on as background noise.
I'll occasionally jump in and watch a show.

Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
 Hey, Soul Sister by Train is pretty happy.

You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.
 Wow, what a chump...
just kidding.

Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
 I've never posted one or wanted to, but I have seem them.
Some of them are creepy and embarrassing, but others seem sincere.

If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
 Somewhere on the beach
I think I answered that in a previous post too...

Can money buy happiness?
 No, but it can buy candy... and that's kind of the same thing.
Haha just kidding!
I don't think money should be the source of your happiness, but it is nice to have and provide with.

Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
 Absolutely not.
There was a period when I thought those things were acceptable, whether I did them or not, but now I have a very strong conviction and testimony of the importance of NOT partaking in drinking, smoking, or drugs.

Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names.
 Sadly enough, there are members of my extended family who I don't consider trustworthy.

Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
 Probably to an amusement or theme park, such as Knobels or Sesame Place.
Or to my grandparents' houses.

Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
 Yes.  Most recently the night before Matt and I's first date.

Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?
 Only one or two, preferably just one.

Do you like the type of music your parents listen to?
Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?
 Yes and yes.
I mostly listen to country and pop, and so do they.

Have you ever been bullied?
Have you ever bullied anyone else?
 I'm sure the answer is "yes" to both questions, but no explicit examples are coming to my mind.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
 Oh my gosh, don't make me choose...

If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
 Absolutely.

Do you believe in God?
Absolutely.

Of all the social networks in the world, why use Facebook?
 I'm not really sure anymore.
I've considered deleting it many times.
I guess it has it's purpose in allowing me to stay in contact with those who I want to stay in contact with.

What’s your favorite Pinterest category to browse?
 "Wedding and Events" or "DIY"

Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?”
 Sure

Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended.
 Will and Grace
It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it while it was on the air, I just didn't watch it that often

Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial?
 Not directly off the infomercial itself, but I have tried "As Seen on TV" items.

If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you?
Um... no.

If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say?
 I'd probably go back to my freshman year of college and reassure myself everything will be alright and just keep breathing.

What’s your “quirkiest” habit?
 I HAVE to wear earplugs when I sleep?
Is that quirky enough?

What is “normal?” Are you normal?
 "Normal" is relative, but according to MY interpretation, yes I am.

Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer?
 Iiiiiiiiiii'm going to be a bit of a jerk here and save my loved one.
Oops.

What is one thing you could never forgive?
 Infidelity

Would you rather be in a relationship after the "honeymoon" period ends, or be single?
 In a relationship after the "honeymoon" period

Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
 Sure

Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
 Somewhere with food.
Always with food.

Write the first paragraph of your obituary.
 No. No, thank you.

What is the best TV theme song ever?
 The Golden Girls - so catchy!

When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?
 Veterinarian

When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked?
 No. I'm usually in yoga pants/leggings and a sports bra

What gets you out of bed in the morning?
 Nothing short of a natural disaster...
or chocolate.

Do you want to have more friends than you have right now?
 I guess?
I mean, I feel pretty content.

What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
 Matt.
I think that pretty much sums it up haha

You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life.
Do you keep your job?
 Probably not
Well, maybe.
I would continue working part-time at VS, for sure.

Could you be in a long-distance relationship?
 Well, I guess you could say Matt and I are in one right now...
it. STINKS.

What’s the best route to your heart?
 Accept me
Open up to me
Trust me

Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life?
 Yes! Melissa! She is awesome!

What is your favorite sport?
Wrestling

What has been troubling you lately?
 Matt being so far away

Did you enjoy your high school prom? 
I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them all?

What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?
 I'm not a very logical person, but can employ that quality when need arises.
I'd go with intuition

Do you know what makes you happy?
 Yes

Tell me about the last book you read.
 I'm currently reading The Time-Traveler's Wife.
It is kind of confusing, but a decent read.
Like I said in my previous post, I am a critical reader...

What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given?
 I've received many nice compliments.
My brain is mush right now and I cannot think of any, sorry.

Who was your first crush?
His name was Blaze
(I kid you not. Awesome name, huh?)
and it was in kindergarten.

Do you believe that there is life on other planets?
 I don't think there are the green guys with big heads floating around out there, but I know is life in the form of bacteria or plant life.

Predict what your life will look like a year from now.
 These questions are exhausting...

Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began.
 It doesn't matter.
The only one that matters is the one I am in now.

Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
 Olive Garden or Chili's

What is something you want to change about your current situation?
 The distance between Matt and myself

Early bird or night owl?
 Night owl
If you have had the pleasure of seeing me early in the morning, bless your heart...

Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to?
 Hope

Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
 Lady Gaga is weird.
Not an "artist", not an "icon"... just WEIRD.

What was the last song that was stuck in your head?
 Great... now its a Lady Gaga song...

Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want.
 On Earth
In North America
In the United States
In Pennsylvania
In the middle of it
Between a corn field and cow pasture.

Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
 Sure do.
I also believe in giving them medals and trophies for winning, not losing.
Never hurt me or my brother as a kid, but now everyone is so sensitive...
I'm sorry, but when my kids play youth wrestling, baseball, football whatever... I am keeping score whether the other "socially correct" moms like it or not!

What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken?
 The 12-hour trek to St. Louis in March of this year

Have you ever taken part in a protest?
 No

Would you ever use an online dating service?
 Nope. No need to now anyway!

What is your ethnic heritage?
 I'm 100% mutt - mostly German and Greek.

Describe a person that inspires you.
 I'm losing focus on answering these questions...

If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
 Whaddup, Victoria's Secret?!

Do you believe in luck?
 Not particularly.
I do refer to myself as "lucky" or having "bad luck," but I really know that luck has nothing to do with it.

Describe the last time you were very angry at someone.
 No thank you

Do you want to live until you’re 100?
 As long as I have Matt with me the entire step of the way

Do people change?
 Yes, people "change," but I see it more as a maturation process rather than a complete 180.

Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them?
 Why do guys use the bathroom, turn the bathroom fan on, and then leave it on for 4 days afterward?!

Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends?
 I'm sure the company with friends would help, but I'd rather be alone doing something I enjoy.

Do you practice what you preach?
 I try to

If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly?
 Stay safe, for sure.

What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence?
 Intelligence since very few people are intelligent these days...

Are you hard-headed?
VERY.

Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate?
Yes. All the time.
It seems 90% of my laughing occurs at socially inappropriate times.

When have you felt most alive?
 After my baptism

Would you prefer to live in a city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
 Countryside.
Middle of nowhere.

Do you often skip breakfast?
 Yes, or have something entirely unhealthy
a.k.a. Subway cookies...

How do you know what true love is?
 I see it and feel it when I look at or think of Matt.

Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
 No. Way.

Where is “home” for you?
Where Matt is...
and my cats...
and my parents/brother...
So, currently? Pennsylvania and Portugal.

What song best describes your life right now?
 "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars

Do you want to be perfect?
 Nah

What have you never tried but would really like to someday?
What’s holding you back?
 Skydiving
I don't have the money...

How do you express your creativity?
 Making things I found on Pinterest

Describe your neighborhood.
 You know what the worst thing is...
when you're craving a type of food and realize you have that same type of food up at your apartment at school, but not where you currently are.

Name something you only liked because it was popular.
 I went through a PETA phase.
I thought they had the right idea protecting animals and whatnot, but those people are CRAZY!

Give me the story of your life in six words.
No. One. Is. Still. Reading. This.