4.21.2012

111 Days to Go!

Great... thanks, Blogger, for getting a new look and confusing me completely!  I wish I could blame that for the reason why I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks, but sadly, its because it has been a CRAZY past few weeks. I've been feeling so overwhelmed with school and wedding planning, it is becoming exhausting to even laugh at times (I realize that sounded dramatic, but it is entirely true!). 

Part of my problem is that I don't ask for help.  It isn't because I want to exclude people or actually be this overwhelmed, but it is due mostly to the independent/stubborn nature that my parents have so lovingly instilled in me.  And, boy am I glad they did!  Without this blessing, people would be able to walk all over me and compromise my wants and needs.  Unfortunately, I don't know HOW to ask for help, especially with planning a wedding.  As of right now, I haven't encountered too much that Matt and I can't handle/figure out between us two, but I'm sure as we continue to countdown to August 10th, that will change!

With that being unnecessarily said, I think I can finally outline some wedding details for those of you who are interested:

DATE:
Friday - August 10th, 2012

COLORS:
Purple, black, silver/gray

VENUE:
We were originally going to have it at Centre Furnace Mansion in State College, but after having to deal with a miserable Saturday bride (who was so unwilling to compromise on little details - she actually wanted to do her rehearsal DURING our reception!!!), we decided to just scrap that idea and go with Wynding Brook.  It is astronomically cheaper and a much nicer venue, in my opinion.  I think one of the best things about Wynding Brook is the fact that the reception would now be indoors in a modern banquet hall.  Doing it this way removes people from the August heat and saves us THAT much more money from avoiding a tent rental, etc.  The only downfall: it is about an hour away from State College in Milton, PA.  I feel quite guilty about having our friends and families, who are already traveling so far, travel a bit further, but I promise it will be worth it!!!

CATERING:
Wynding Brook provides catering at a separate, but reasonable, fee.  We've decided to avoid the hassle and stuffiness of a formal dinner and chose to serve lots of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and snacks.  The neat thing about Wynding Brook's catering is their willingness and ability to customize hors d'oeuvres for us if we would be interested in having something at the reception that wasn't on their pre-established menu.  Hello, chicken quesadillas!  Just kidding... but not really...

PHOTOGRAPHER:

DJ:
 DJ Big Andy - Nite Lite Sound, Inc.

DRESS:
Wouldn't you like to know... ;)
All I will say is that it is the complete opposite style I had originally wanted to try on/thought I'd end up with.  However, once I spotted it hanging on the rack and tried it on, I fell IN. LOVE.  It was at the very first store (the only store, actually!) we went to - Lewisburg Bridal - and I think I'm still struggling to comprehend how quickly wedding dress shopping went.  Then again, I'm still spinning from how quickly Matt and I fell in love - dating in January, engaged by Easter?  Yep, having a fast dress appointment is just par for the course... and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

INVITATIONS:
Just wait and see...

REGISTRY:

^ Matt was entirely TOO thrilled with that registry gun!
I think the quote from him was something along the lines of, "Its like shopping without spending any money!"  Good thing he's cute... ;)


BOUQUET:
I'm actually hoping to make most of it myself in the form of a brooch bouquet (if you haven't heard of that, click HERE).  I may need to accent it with some fresh flowers underneath to fill in the gaps between the brooches, but I've begun the process of buying and collecting the pretty, glittery, expensive little things.


Obviously, we still have a good chunk of progress to make, but solidifying the dress, venue, and invitations this weekend was awesome!  Of course, we will have more information on our wedding website as it becomes available, but Matt and I have a few pieces of the website to complete yet before we're ready for everyone to see.