3.15.2012

Meet Me in St. Louis!

"Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the fair,
Don't tell me the lights are shining

any place but there..."


I'm headed to St. Louis tomorrow! While I'd much rather play with a rabid raccoon than sit in a car for 12 hours tomorrow, I'm very grateful that I have the opportunity to go to the NCAA wrestling tournament.

When Katie and I met for bagels today, she suggested we find a way to road-trip out for the tournament. She and David had found 2 tickets for the finals and wanted to see if I was interested in going. Easy answer = OF COURSE! Thankfully, when I brought the idea up to Matt, he found me tickets from someone who didn't show (thanks, babe!!). David and I booked a hotel while Katie went to class and that was that - we're headed to St. Louis to watch Penn State wrestling capture another national title!

My butt is sore just thinking about the long car ride that looms ahead of me, but having Matt and a wrestling tournament (and hopefully a quick visit to the St. Louis temple!) on the other end of that journey will certainly make it worth while! I pray for a safe trip and a fun weekend ahead!

No comments: