3.14.2012

*clap* *clap* TREE!

Its amazing how Heavenly Father knows just what you need sometimes.

I've been having a constant, nagging worry about what I'm going to be doing/where I'm going to go after I graduate. My time at Penn State (as a student) has gone by entirely too fast, and now I'm being thrown into the process of trying to find an affordable place to live and to get a job. I'm completely worn out. Thankfully, I have been blessed with a really great neighbor who always knows when to knock on my screen door... and tonight was one of those nights.

I can always count on Katie to make me laugh and talk about things in a very therapeutic, yet appropriately loud and immature, manner. I was in desperate need of that tonight since I had a slightly disappointing day and needed to miss institute to work on a paper. Halfway through my paper, I was hitting a wall - I was entirely overwhelmed and could feel myself sliding into a funk. Then, much to my relief, I heard a familiar "Laurennnnn...?" coming through my porch screen door, so I headed outside to meet Katie.

Two hours and two additional visitors later, my sides were aching from laughing so hard. Although, that could have just been the result of me accidentally running into a shelf in Katie's kitchen...

Heavenly Father knew I needed that time to laugh and to be distracted from myself. I am grateful for the opportunity I had tonight to spend time with friends and have a much needed laugh... or two... or twelve...

No comments: